トケイ

Thursday, January 14

Taxidrivers. (Malaysian ones)

I have a confession.

I hate taxi drivers. I hate them when I am driving because they drive like a mad fool and they stop whenever and wherever they like and always cause major congestion at Bangsar from MV direction.

I hate taxi drivers when they decide to cut my throat and charged me RM50 from Subang Jaya to Damansara Heights. Sadly for them, I would never pay that much. I haggled till RM35 (which is still expensive but no choice…urgh.)

I hate taxi drivers when they wind down their window and ask you:

“pergi mana?”

“Damansara Heights.”

“oh tak boleh. Tak boleh.”

*Drives off*

BUT today.. on my trip to MV from house, this chinese taxidriver (Fahrer) probably is my most interesting taxi trip ever.

Conversation after loading up my luggage into the taxi:

Fahrer: "eh.. such a big house.. why move to Garden Hotel?"

Me: "oh i m going there to meet friends and then to airport."

Fahrer: "oh where u going?"

Me: "going to uk"

Fahrer: "to work?"

Me: "study"

Fahrer :"ohhhh... I was in Germany for 10 yrs ...around 20 yrs ago.. (speaking to me in German..."Nein?")

*long intro of how he work there and was earning 3K USD a month*

.

.

.

oh.. u know the girls there very 'open' one... there is this beach.. thy all take off everything. If you dont take off, the guard will ask you to leave!!

Wahh those breast sooooo big... and their hai mo all sort of colors.. got golden color somemore... n their lin tou all red and pinkish... I was young then so cant control ... easily lan ngan.. so had to face down on the beach.."

[at this point, I can tell that Fahrer was happily reminiscing his younger and wilder days. The funny thing was he did not sound like some pervert uncle. He was just sharing to me his experience!! He even told me that the women there lou dou bei bei sang (non-stop flow) until he can take some back as souvenir.]

"I been around Europe too. OH Italy's prostitute.. those high 'Car' ones drive Ferrari and they charged 1K USD!!! I cant afford them so I see see only."

Then he started talking about his Thailand trip.

Me: "Oh it must be cheap shopping in Thailand"

Fahrer: "The only two things that are cheap in Thailand is women and beer!!" *another long story of women*

.

.

.

He was telling me that he wants to buy a farm to animals. He was searching for a good land for last 18 months.

In this short 20mins, I realized that Fahrer has been around the world: US, Aus, UK, Japan.. etc and surprisingly, he is just a taxi driver now.

I really salute him because how many people of his age (and I am assuming that he may not have much higher education back in the days) have been around the world, see foreign things and 'conquer' various women?

Veni vidi vici

He certainly enjoyed his life and lived it to the fullest. Quite an interesting character.

p/s - Yes, I had to give some 'straight' remarks about his rendezvous.

My favourite, inari kani mayo yaki (they have this in the menu now.. no more hard description) from Sushi Zanmai. yummmm...

But I find the Sushi Zen on LG of Garden has better À la carte than Zanmai. Maybe it has less crowd so more effort in preparing the meal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

man your romanji of cantonese words really suck

and yes the LG one is definitely better