トケイ

Sunday, January 10

Brisbane VS Melbourne

After arriving here in Brisbane, I can’t help but wonder what will my life be if I handed in my UQ application back in IMU. I was told that if I did that, I was guaranteed a place here since I already have a prior degree from University of Melbourne.
So here I was at the Brisbane man-made beach, thinking if I would like it here. But the funny thing was that I was not comparing Edinburgh with Brisbane, but it was between Melbourne and Brisbane!?!

I was telling my younger sister that maybe its ‘bias’ but I prefer Melbourne waaaaayyyyy more than Brisbane. Although the hottie counts in Brisbane is definitely better than Melbourne (it’s most likely due to the hot weather, sleeveless or topless, tanned skin.. I am not complaining!).
I feel that Melbourne was a better city because of the tram systems and the better-situated Chinatown.

But the best part of this trip was not the Brisbane city. But it was at Sunshine Coast. My sister booked us the entire posh bed & breakfast house, which was catered by a Japanese couple from Sapporo. How irony is that… but I must say, the hospitality is definitely… Japanese…

Miyuki was such a gem. She is 61 but she does not looked like it. Very energetic and cheerful.
Aki is a French and Japanese chef back in his days. The dinner and breakfast he made for us were remarkable.

The view of the valley was breathtaking. I really enjoyed the two nights stay here. Quiet and blissful with a nice cup of tea while watching Akira Kurosawa (classic-nya)! The stars at night were crazy… reminded me of Phillip Island in Victoria. (don’t understand why Pokok is complaining)

The whale looking cloud!!!

And for the 1st time, I saw kookaburra right in front of me. Made a short kookaburra documentary too.
Simple starter.. so french...yummm.. eating this while looking at such a nice scenery~
Pan seared salmon.
This chicken is not a simple deep fried chicken. It has 3 taste: garlic, mushroom cream and cheese!

Ice-cream for dessert. My sister was disappointed to find out that it was not home made. tsk tsk.

Then at Coolum Beach, I was like a fat kid on free-for-all chocolate shop (Yes, I am referring to YOU!! You know who you are!). First thing I did was run to the beach and planted my towel and cooked myself under the skin-cancerous beam!

Then my brother and I walked along the beach and we noticed a lot of blue-colored blob thingy been washed up to the shore. I told him that I think it’s a jellyfish.

I found out later that it was bluebottle jellyfish and one of them stung my sole. It was just a brief sharp pain. Ouch..

Around 4pm, my sister was officially and legally married to Manu. She was so pretty. I got a bit emo and cried. Well, she started it.

Then at the wedding dinner, the ‘inevitable’ question sprung at me again! (happened 3 years ago)

“So, when is YOUR turn???”
"ha ha ha …"
“Well, make it legal! Damnit!”

No comments: