トケイ

Monday, December 28

I got owned by Sg aunty...

And there I thought that the Glaswegian's English was difficult to hear...
Today at the Sg National Library's Cafe, I was buying my usual (iced) cafe latte and the epic convo begin:

Aunty Cashier (AC): eatinginortakeaway? [all in a breath + odd accent]
Me: ??? [eyes went big and give her the 'je ne sais pas' look]

AC: eatinginortakeaway?
Me: pardon?

AC: EATINGINORTAKEAWAY??
Me: huh...OOOHHH eating IN or take AWAY? ... eating in...please..
AC: *grumbling in some Hokkien slang which probably implied "dumb effing moron"

She gave me a tulan face too...

hahaha.. thumbs up for great customer service...


花まき (hana maki). Yummmmmm...
鰻かばやき (unagi kabayaki)、eggplant and tofu with miso sauce... yummmm
ぎょざ (gyoza). This is definitely one of my favorite gyoza in Malaysia..
えびテンプラ (ebi tempura)。And lastly, my craving for ebi tempura is finally fulfilled!! I love Kikuzakura in MV. The 老伴娘 is so friendly~

The National Library here has a very nice view =)

No comments: