トケイ

Wednesday, September 23

Gastro-orchestra

I don't know if it's because of the cold weather here or the asian students are not eating enough but in today's lecture, I heard sooo many stomach growls before lunch and AFTER lunch. It's astonishing...

Later in the evening, I went to the Japanese Society at 8pm, which had its 'society gathering' in a local pub. I was crossing my fingers and thinking 'oh..this is probably a one off thing, whereby the "welcoming party" is in the pub'. Hence being a true Japanese, I was at the pub at 745pm... And not wanting to be a weirdo there, I went to a nearby cafe and had coffee instead (oh i just finished gym, didn't shower & haven't had dinner yet). Around 8.04 I walked over and found a group of Japanese in a corner of the pub, drinking Guinness....

Still refusing to be skeptical, I tried talking to the people there. A few Japs had very good English, the rest was too involved within their own convo. In the end, I talked most of my 1hr there to 2 angmou guys (which is very ironic! 0_o)!!!!

And I found that, they usually do 'this' every week and they sort of chill out, drink and mingle amongst themselves till 1am!!! Rather disappointing for a 'Japanese culture' society...

Although I really hate lame ass icebreaking games, but sitting quietly made me missed the good'ole shoukai (introduction). I won't mind even a goukon!! Even the president was reluctant to do an official welcome...

So after an hour, I left.. and I was thinking, was my Japanese so bad till I can't communicate with them or am I just introverted now?

This is because even in the medical school, I find it rather odd and difficult for me to strike a conversation with the other Malaysians. The strange thing is that I can start conversation easier with the angmous now. And in general, people here are kinda laid back and less interesting. Whoopie...

And the wind was freaking strong...



Me doing a jumping Buddha (special thanks to Ian for teaching me this pose!!)

4 comments:

LOLO said...

hey u! didnt realize u got a blog!!

keisuke keng said...

lol... i din really maintain it last time..so not very active one...

iantey said...

WHOASEH KENG! HAha, didn't know that you've been updating the blog so frequently. I almost gave up checking on your blog ever since its hiatus sincedunnowhen. Haha, How are you?

By the way, the jumping buddha's ultra cool. =)

keisuke keng said...

here i m bored mah... so ..blog is my fav past time =)