トケイ

Sunday, August 1

Malpractice 101



The recent few weeks, I have witnessed and learned quite a few things about medicine... that I should not learn from..

let's start with nurse in the GUM (genito-urinary medicine) clinic.

I was in the clinic, sitting in with the doctor and saw quite a few ladies with STDs.
The sight of a healthy Vjayjay was already disturbing and let alone one with warts or dark brown discharge. After a few patients, the clinical waste bin (this is where all the swabs, gloves & tissues with bodily fluid stains go) was full. The nurse went to change it.

On the top of the clinical bin, there is a label there saying 'don't touch with hand, please wear gloves'.
However, been in the business for so long, the nurse probably developed a strong immunity to bacteria vaginosis and friends. She did not wear any gloves and took out the bag with her bare hands. Then she reached over to open a new bag. After a few tries of opening the bag, she then licked her fingers to open the bag.

Once I saw that, my face was cringing in pain and I think I let out a soft 'URGH?!'

Moral of this story : Nurse is probably the dirtiest person in the hospital.

Cha siew ramen from Marutama, Singapore. This is probably the best ramen I tried outside of Japan to date. The tamago is exactly the same as the one you find in a ramen soup in Japan, hard exterior while it's soft and 'flowy' inside. Yum!

No comments: