トケイ

Saturday, November 28

Gift Shopping 101

It's that time of the year again..

為了蘇格蘭經濟起飛的歲月盡過不少力,最投入的自然是推進經濟。盡全力地消費,也就是購物了!
煩惱又來了。。 問題是要想買甚麼禮物 and try my very best to minimize my tight budget!!

But the thing with getting gift is that I tend to buy things that I like more than the receiver, which means there is a higher chance that I ended up buying it for myself!! And most of the time, I have absolutely no idea what to get!!!

"Oh, get him something that he likes the most!" [But wont that be like so predictable and boring? 一點新鮮感都沒有!]

"Why not just get her something that you like and hope for the best?" [Risky... unless the Jap have invented the one-fit-all-sizes dild_.]

"I am not sure about that color. Maybe it's too loud for him. Here, black is safe!" [true fact, whenever in doubt, get the black color!]

The above are common advices that we often hear/give when we go present hunting. But to me, it all comes down to age old questions:

Substances or Style?

In order to help my beloved friends, I made list of things to get for me and things not to get for me!!

To get for me list:
  1. PS3
  2. LCD monitor
  3. FFXIII
  4. Davidson's
  5. For those really generous friends, casual bag
Not to get for me list:
  1. Jigsaw puzzle of any kind!! Enough is enough!
  2. Novel books...

This is the sweet and sour pork that I made. The batter didn't turn out as expected as I used the wrong one (tempura batter).. But the sauce was not too bad.



No comments: